In life, there will always be people who try to bring you down or make you feel inferior. One of their go-to words is ‘crazy.’ However, this negative word can be turned into a powerful tool that can help you succeed. In this article, I will talk about why you should own it when someone calls you crazy and show you some benefits that come from doing so.
Why Being Called Crazy Is A Good Thing
Being called crazy might seem like an insult, but it’s actually a compliment. When people use it, they are acknowledging that you’re different from them. They see that you’re not afraid to take risks or go against the norm. And that’s great! Sometimes, being different is what sets us apart from everyone else.
When someone calls you crazy, don’t take it as an insult. Instead, take it as a compliment. You are unique, and that’s something to be proud of. You have your own talents, skills, and personality that set you apart from others. Embrace it and show the world what makes you different.
Owning your ‘crazy’ means you’re confident in who you are and what you stand for. You don’t let other people’s opinions or judgments sway you from pursuing your dreams or goals. You know what you want, and you go after it with passion and determination. This type of confidence can inspire others to be confident in themselves as well.
You’re a Risk Taker
Being called crazy also means you’re not afraid to take risks. You’re willing to step out of your comfort zone and try new things. You know that failure is sometimes inevitable, but you’re not afraid to fail because you see it as a learning opportunity. Taking risks can lead to great success and can help you grow as a person.
The Benefits of Embracing Your Crazy
Now that we know being called crazy is a good thing, what are some benefits that come from owning it?
You Attract Like-Minded People
When you embrace your ‘crazy,’ you attract people who share the same values and mindset as you. These are the people who will support you, share your vision, and help you achieve your goals. They understand your passions and can relate to you on a deeper level.
You Stand Out
When everyone is trying to fit in, embracing your ‘crazy’ sets you apart from the crowd. You become a leader instead of a follower. People will take notice of your uniqueness and be inspired by your confidence and courage to be different from everyone else.
You Become More Creative
Embracing your ‘crazy’ can also lead to higher levels of creativity. When you’re not afraid to think outside the box, you come up with new and innovative ideas. You challenge the status quo and are not bound by traditional thinking. These creative ideas can lead to new opportunities and success.
How To Embrace Your Crazy
Now that we’ve covered why you should embrace your ‘crazy,’ how do you actually do it?
Embrace Your Passions
What are you passionate about? What sets your heart on fire? Follow that passion, no matter how crazy it might seem. Pursue it with everything you have and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. Embracing your passion can lead to great success and fulfillment.
Try New Things
Don’t be afraid to try new things. Take risks and step out of your comfort zone. Say ‘yes’ to new opportunities, even if they seem crazy or impossible. You never know what might come from trying something new.
Don’t Let Fear Hold You Back
Fear can be a powerful force that keeps us from pursuing our dreams. Don’t let it hold you back. Be courageous and face your fears head-on. Use your ‘crazy’ to push past your fears and achieve your goals.
The Bottom Line
Being called crazy doesn’t have to be a negative label. In fact, it can be a compliment. Embrace your ‘crazy’ and own it with pride. Don’t be afraid to be unique, confident, and a risk-taker. Embracing your ‘crazy’ can lead to new opportunities, success, and fulfillment.
Common Questions and Their Answers
- Q: What should I do if someone calls me crazy?
- A: Own it! Take it as a compliment and be proud of your uniqueness.
- Q: How can embracing my ‘crazy’ lead to success?
- A: Embracing your ‘crazy’ can lead to new opportunities, attract like-minded people, and increase creativity.
- Q: Is it important to have a support system when embracing my ‘crazy’?
- A: Yes, having a support system of like-minded people can help you stay motivated and provide encouragement when you need it.
- Q: Can I embrace my ‘crazy’ while still being professional?
- A: Yes, embracing your ‘crazy’ doesn’t mean you have to act unprofessionally. You can still be successful while being unique and true to yourself.
1. Hoffman, J. (2018). How Being Called Crazy Can Be A Good Thing. Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/empowerment-through-emotional-intelligence/201806/how-being-called-crazy-can-be-good-thing.
2. Stuart, E. (2020). Why Being Crazy Is a Good Thing in Business. Retrieved from https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/348681.
3. Sutherland, S. (2019). Why Being Crazy and Insane Is A Good Thing. Retrieved from https://thriveglobal.com/stories/why-being-crazy-and-insane-is-a-good-thing/.