Dark type Pokemon has been a favorite of trainers since its introduction in Generation II. However, its weaknesses can be a major obstacle when fighting against them. In this article, we will explore the various moves and types that are good against dark type Pokemon to help you vanquish shadows with ease.
What Are Dark Type Pokemon?
Dark type Pokemon, as the name suggests, are characterized by their dark or evil-like appearance. They are often associated with the villainous team in the game and are known to have a weakness against certain types of moves.
What Are The Weaknesses Of Dark Type Pokemon?
Dark type Pokemon are weak against Fairy, Fighting, and Bug type moves. These weaknesses make them vulnerable to Pokemon of these respective types, and trainers need to take advantage of these weaknesses to defeat them.
Fairy Type Moves Against Dark Type Pokemon
Fairy type moves have proven to be one of the most effective ways to counter dark type Pokemon, with the type immune to any move from Dark types. Here are the top Fairy type moves that are good against Dark type Pokemon:
- Moonblast: This move has a base power of 95 and a 100% accuracy rate. It can also lower the Special Attack of the target by one stage.
- Dazzling Gleam: This move has a base power of 80 and hits all opposing Pokemon in double battles.
- Draining Kiss: This move has a base power of 50 and restores the user’s HP by up to 75% of the damage dealt to the target.
Fairy Type Pokemon Recommendations
There are a number of Fairy type Pokemon that can be used to counter dark type Pokemon. Here are some of the most effective options:
|Moonblast, Calm Mind, Stored Power, Light Screen
|Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Calm Mind, Flash Cannon
|Sludge Bomb, Strange Steam, Sucker Punch, Play Rough
Fighting Type Moves Against Dark Type Pokemon
Fighting type moves are another effective way to take down dark type Pokemon. Here are some of the best Fighting type moves that can be used against them:
- Close Combat: This move has a base power of 120 and lowers the user’s Defense and Special Defense by one stage.
- Dynamic Punch: This move has a base power of 100 and has a 50% chance to confuse the target.
- Mach Punch: This move has a base power of 40 and is always the first to strike when used.
Fighting Type Pokemon Recommendations
There are a number of Fighting type Pokemon that can be used to counter dark type Pokemon. Here are some of the most effective options:
|Close Combat, Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Extreme Speed
|Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Knock Off, Earthquake
|Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Ice Punch, Stone Edge
Bug Type Moves Against Dark Type Pokemon
Bug type moves are also effective against dark-type Pokemon. Here are some of the best Bug type moves to use against them:
- U-Turn: This move has a base power of 70 and allows the user to switch out after use.
- Leach Life: This move has a base power of 80 and restores the user’s HP by up to 50% of the damage dealt to the target.
- Megahorn: This move has a base power of 120 and has a high critical hit ratio, making it an effective alternative to Close Combat.
Bug Type Pokemon Recommendations
Here are some Bug type Pokemon that can be used to counter dark type Pokemon:
|U-Turn, Bullet Punch, Roost, Swords Dance
|Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Psychic, Roost
|Liquidation, First Impression, Leech Life, Aqua Jet
Trainers need to be knowledgeable about the types and moves that are good against dark type Pokemon to give them the edge in battles. Fairy, Fighting, and Bug type moves and Pokemon are the best options to counter dark type Pokemon. By utilizing these options, trainers can effectively vanquish shadows and emerge victorious in battles against dark type Pokemon.
- What types are good against dark types?
- What is the best type of Pokemon to use against dark types?
- What are the weaknesses of dark types?
- Can dark types be immune to any type of moves?
The best types to use against dark types are Fairy, Fighting, Bug, and Steel types to an extent.
Fairy type Pokemon are the best option to use against dark type Pokemon as they have no weaknesses and only one resistance.
Dark type Pokemon are weak against Fairy, Fighting, and Bug type moves.
Yes, dark type Pokemon are immune to Psychic type moves.
1. “Dark Type.” Pokemon Database, pokemondb.net/type/dark
2. “Fairy Type.” Pokemon Database, pokemondb.net/type/fairy
3. “Fighting Type.” Pokemon Database, pokemondb.net/type/fighting
4. “Bug Type.” Pokemon Database, pokemondb.net/type/bug