Florida, the Sunshine State, is located in the southeastern region of the United States. Despite its long list of beautiful beaches and tourist attractions, many people often ask the question, what state is above Florida? The answer is Georgia. Georgia is located north of Florida and shares a border with its southern neighbor.
The Northern Neighbor – Georgia
Georgia is the northern neighbor of Florida and is home to a diverse group of people and attractions. The state is located in the southeastern region of the United States and shares its borders with Florida to the south, Alabama to the west, Tennessee to the north, South Carolina to the east, and the Atlantic Ocean to the east.
History of Georgia
Georgia is the fourth state to enter the Union, which occurred on January 2nd, 1788. The state was named after King George II of Great Britain and was one of the original 13 American colonies. The state has played a significant role in many historical events, including the Civil War, the Civil Rights Movement, and more.
Climate in Georgia
Georgia has a humid subtropical climate, which means the state experiences hot summers and mild winters. The temperatures can vary greatly between the different regions of Georgia, with the coastal regions experiencing slightly cooler temperatures than the rest of the state. The state also experiences plenty of rainfall throughout the year.
Top Attractions in Georgia
- Georgia Aquarium: The Georgia Aquarium is located in the heart of Atlanta and is the largest aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Visitors can see a wide variety of marine life, including beluga whales, whale sharks, and more.
- Stone Mountain Park: Stone Mountain Park is located in DeKalb County, Georgia, and is a popular destination for outdoor recreation. The park features several hiking trails, camping sites, and a massive granite outcropping.
- Savannah Historic District: The Savannah Historic District is located in the heart of Savannah, Georgia, and is home to many restored 18th- and 19th-century buildings. Visitors can take a historic walking tour of the district and see some of the most beautiful architecture in the state.
Cuisine in Georgia
Georgia is known for its delicious southern cuisine, which includes dishes such as fried chicken, grits, macaroni and cheese, and peach cobbler. Georgia is also home to many popular restaurants, including the famous Waffle House.
Georgia, the northern neighbor of Florida, is a beautiful state with great people, attractions, history, and cuisine. Whether you are interested in exploring the outdoors or experiencing some of the best southern hospitality around, Georgia has something for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Georgia known for? Georgia is known for its peaches, southern hospitality, and historical significance.
- What is the capital of Georgia? Atlanta is the capital of Georgia.
- What is the weather like in Georgia? Georgia has a humid subtropical climate, which means it experiences hot summers and mild winters.
- What is the largest city in Georgia? Atlanta is the largest city in Georgia.
- What are the top attractions in Georgia? Some of the top attractions in Georgia include the Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain Park, and the Savannah Historic District.
- What is the state bird of Georgia? The brown thrasher is the state bird of Georgia.
- “Georgia (U.S. State).” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state). Accessed 9 June 2021.
- “Georgia Aquarium.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Aquarium. Accessed 9 June 2021.
- “Stone Mountain Park.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Mountain_Park. Accessed 9 June 2021.
- “Savannah Historic District.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_Historic_District. Accessed 9 June 2021.
- “Waffle House.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle_House. Accessed 9 June 2021.