Electric-type attacks are prevalent in the world of Pokémon. They are reasonable for taking down flying and water-type Pokémon but may present quite a challenge against others, making them a great addition to any trainer’s arsenal.
If you’ve ever wondered what electric-type moves (or Pokémon) are strong against or what they’re weak to, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll delve into electric type strengths, weaknesses, and resistances, among other things.
Electric Pokemon are well-known for their high speed and are generally recognized for causing paralysis. There is a total of exactly 70 electric-type Pokémon in existence, with Pikachu and Raichu being the most famous, alongside the legendary Pokémon Zapdos. In terms of battling, electric-type Pokémon can be formidable opponents, but their weaknesses make them easy targets if not handled properly.
Some of the Most Powerful Electric-Type Pokémon
Some of the most potent electric-type Pokémon include:
Electric-Type Pokémon Strengths and Weaknesses
Electric-type Pokémon are incredibly weak to ground-type moves, which can usually lead to KO. On the other hand, electric-type moves are not very effective against ground-type Pokémon. Ground types can also be strong against electric types with the ability to withstand their electrical attacks.
Electric type Pokémon and their electric type moves are generally considere effective against:
- Flying Type: As electrical attacks reach great heights, flying type Pokémon are vulnerable to their electric abilities.
- Water Type: Water is an excellent conductor of electricity, and so electric type moves tend to be helpful against Water Pokémon.
- Normal Type: Normal-type Pokémon are particularly susceptible to thunder-related moves. Additionally, most Normal-types do not have a high Special Defense Stat, making it easy to cause substantial damage with special moves.
- Steel Type: Although steel is a good conductor of electricity, electric-type moves can still inflict considerable damage on this type.
Several electric-type moves can be learned by Pokémon of different types, and these moves can be useful in many situations. Here are some of the most popular electric-type moves:
|Thunder Punch||Electric||75 +
|Thunder Fang||Electric||65 +
|Thunder Wave||Electric||paralysis to the target.|
|Zap Cannon||Electric||55 +
|Charge Beam||Electric||50 +
Pokémon with Electric-Type Attacks
Electric-type moves can be learned by various Pokémons, not just those already of the same electric typing. Here are some notable Pokémons that can learn electric-type moves:
- Charizard (Thunder Punch, Thunderbolt)
- Golduck (Thunderbolt, Thunder)
- Mew (Thunderbolt)
- Nidoking (Thunderbolt, Thunder)
- Persian (Thunderbolt)
- Snorlax (Thunderbolt, Thunder)
- Flareon (Thunderbolt, Thunder)
Electric Resistances and Weaknesses
While electric-type moves may be quite effective in some situations, they may not always work. Here’s a list of electric resistances and weaknesses:
Electric-type moves are super effective against:
- Flying type
- Water type
- Ice type
Electric-type moves are not effective against:
- Electric type
- Grass type
- Dragon type
Pokémon That Are Resistant to Electric-Type Moves
Pokémon that are resistant against electric-type moves include:
- Grass (4x resistant)
- Ground (immunity)
Pokémon That Are Weak to Electric-Type Moves
Pokémon that are weak against electric-type moves include:
- Flying (2x weak)
- Water (2x weak)
- Dragon (2x weak)
- Ice (2x weak)
Electric-Type Attack Tips and Strategies
Before we wrap up let’s summarize some essential strategies you can use for electric-type moves:
- Using electric-type moves against flying and water-type pokemon can prove to be effective.
- It would help if you avoided using electric attacks against ground-type pokemon as they are immune.
- Watch your timing when using electric-type moves in battle as they may not work against every opponent.
- It’s often a great idea to have other types of moves in your arsenal to supplement your electric-type moves.
Electric type Pokémon and moves are mighty, but they come with their weaknesses in specific battles. Pokémon trainers need to understand their strengths and capitalize on them while also understanding their weaknesses and when not to use them. Use the knowledge learned in this article to your advantage and add electric-type Pokémon to your team.
What Type is Strong Against Electric?
Ground-type Pokémon are strong against electric-type Pokémon and moves.
What Pokemon is Weak to Electric Type?
Some of the Pokemon that are weak to electric-type considerably include Flying types, Water type, Dragon type, and Ice type.
Does Electric Type Damage Ground?
Ground-type Pokémons are immune to electric-type moves.
Is Pikachu Strong Against Water Type?
Pikachu is strong against Water-type Pokémon as they tend to take considerable damage from electric-type moves.
What Does Electric Type Resist?
Electric-type Pokemon are resistant to damage from electric attacks.
Are Electric Type and Bug Type Effective Against Each Other?
Electric and bug types are not effective against each other.