Are you vegan and looking for a gum that you can chew without hurting your animal friends? Look no further! In this article, we will introduce you to various vegan chewing gum options suitable for your conscious lifestyle.
What is Vegan Gum?
Vegan gum is a type of chewing gum that doesn’t contain any animal products or derived ingredients. Some of these ingredients include gelatine, beeswax, lard, shellac, and glycerine, which may be present in non-vegan gum products. Vegan gum is an alternative for vegans who don’t want to consume any animal products or by-products.
The Benefits of Choosing Vegan Gum
- Vegan gum doesn’t contain animal-derived ingredients, making it a great choice for vegan and vegetarians.
- It is free from animal by-products, making it more environmentally-friendly and ethical.
- It doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners that may cause harm to your body.
- Vegan gum can help improve your oral hygiene and fight against bad breath, and it helps your teeth by being sugar-free.
The Best Vegan Gum Brands to Try
1. PUR Gum
PUR gum is delicious and environmentally friendly. They have multiple flavors, including spearmint, peppermint, wintergreen, and more. They also offer bubble gum and licorice flavors. One of the unique things about PUR gum is that they use xylitol as the sweetener which is good for tooth health.
2. Chicza Organic Chewing Gum
This is the perfect gum for people who want something natural and organic. Chicza gum is made from chicle, a natural substance made from sap of the sapodilla tree. It’s sweetened with organic cane sugar, so it’s free from high-fructose corn syrup.
3. The Humble Co. Natural Chewing Gum
The Humble Co. Natural is a great gum that is sugar-free and non-GMO verified. They use birch tree xylitol in their base with natural flavorings that help fight against bacteria that causes cavities.
4. Spry Xylitol Gum
Spry is a xylitol-based gum that is both sugar-free and environmentally friendly. They come in various flavors, such as cinnamon, wintergreen, fresh fruit, and peppermint. It is also gluten-free and non-GMO.
What to Look for When Choosing a Vegan Gum?
When choosing a vegan gum, it’s important to pay attention to the ingredients listed. Here are some of the things you should look for:
- Check for animal-derived ingredients such as gelatine, beeswax or shellac.
- Make sure that the gum is sugar-free so that it doesn’t cause any harm to your teeth or body.
- Ensure that the gum is environmentally friendly, packaged sustainably, and ethically produced.
- Choose a gum that has xylitol as the sweetener, which helps reduce the risk of cavities and improves your oral hygiene.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about vegan gum:
- Q1: Is gum vegan?
- A: Not all gum is vegan since some contain animal-derived ingredients like gelatine. However, some vegan options don’t contain these animal products.
- Q2: What are common animal ingredients in chewing gum?
- A: Common animal ingredients include gelatine, beeswax, shellac, lard, and glycerin, which are found in many non-vegan gums.
- Q3: Is it better to choose xylitol-based gum?
- A: Xylitol-based gum is considered the best choice for your teeth because it doesn’t cause cavities if consumed regularly.
- Q4: Can vegans chew bubble gum?
- A: Many bubble gum brands are made with non-vegan ingredients, but there are vegan bubble gum options available. Check the ingredients before purchasing.
Nowadays many vegans are getting conscious about the products they purchase, thinking about the impact they have on their health, environment and animal welfare. It’s great to have vegan chewing gum options available now. We recommend options such as PUR gum, Chicza Organic gum, The Humble Co. Natural gum, and Spry Xylitol gum, but there are many out there on the market. You can check the ingredients and ensure they meet your requirements as a vegan.
So, go ahead and chew on these scrumptious and environmentally-friendly vegan gum options. One choice at a time can make a significant impact and contribute towards a healthier environment and ethical choices.