Oven-cooking Italian sausage is a great way to prepare delicious sausages without fuss, mess or excess oil. Oven-cooked Italian sausage is easy to make and retains much of its juicy flavors without being overcooked. In this article, we will go through the essential steps in preparing oven-cooked Italian sausages with a unique twist to give them a stylish taste.
What Do You Need?
Before we dive into the essential steps, let’s take a look at the equipment and ingredients you will need for the recipe:
- Italian sausages
- Olive oil
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh herbs: oregano, rosemary or thyme
Preparing the Sausages
The first essential step in making oven-cooked Italian sausage is to prepare the sausages correctly. To do this:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place the sausages on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the sausages to keep them from sticking.
Adding Flavor: Herbs and Spices
One way to add more flavor to your oven-cooked Italian sausage is to add some herbs and spices. Here’s how:
- Finely chop a handful of fresh herbs such as oregano, rosemary, or thyme.
- Add the herbs to the sausages on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some salt, black pepper, and garlic powder onto the sausages for extra flavor.
The Stylish Twist
To give your oven-cooked Italian sausages a stylish twist, follow these steps:
- Add some onion wedges to the baking sheet around the sausages.
- Chop some garlic into small pieces and sprinkle it over the sausages and onions.
- Add some cherry tomatoes to the baking sheet around the sausage.
- Drizzle some more olive oil over everything on the baking sheet.
- Add some fresh herbs to the baking sheet for an added twist.
- Bake the sausages for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
How to Serve
The oven-cooked Italian sausage tastes great on its own, but you can also pair it with some other dishes for a more fulfilling meal. Here are some ideas:
- Serve with roasted vegetables such as bell peppers or zucchini.
- Make a sandwich with the sausage, sliced cheese, and bread.
- Serve with a fresh green salad and some bread for a light meal.
- Pair with pasta and a tomato sauce for a hearty pasta meal.
Oven-cooking Italian sausage is a simple and delicious way to prepare juicy sausages without excess oil or mess. With a touch of creativity and a few simple steps, you can add a touch of style and flavor to your oven-cooked Italian sausage. Give our recipe a try, and you’ll have a new delicious dish that you’ll enjoy time and time again.
Common Questions and Answers
- Q: How long does it take to cook Italian sausage in the oven?
- A: It takes about 20-25 minutes to cook the sausages through in the oven.
- Q: How do I keep Italian sausage from drying out in the oven?
- A: To keep your sausages from drying out, make sure they are not overcooked or overheated. Use a meat thermometer if you’re unsure about the temperature.
- Q: What temperature should I set my oven to when cooking Italian sausage?
- A: Most recipes for oven-cooked Italian sausage suggest setting the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Q: Do I need to pierce Italian sausage before cooking?
- A: Piercing the sausages before cooking is not necessary as it may release their juices.
- Q: Can I cook Italian sausage with other meats?
- A: Yes, there are many ways to cook Italian sausage with other meats. Try adding it to a classic meatloaf or including it in your favorite soups or stews.