Eyes are one of the most noticeable features of a person’s face, and they play a critical role in facial expressions. Having bright and captivating eyes can make a significant difference in one’s confidence level and overall appearance. While makeup tricks can help you achieve the perfect eye look, taking care of your skin and habits play a vital role in making your eyes look bright naturally. In this article, we will discuss five easy tricks to make your eyes brighter.
1. Get Enough Sleep
The first and most crucial step to achieve bright eyes is to get enough sleep every night. Lack of sleep causes dark circles, puffiness, and fatigue, making your eyes look tired and dull. Additionally, sleep deprivation can cause premature aging of the skin around the eyes.
The recommended hours of sleep for adults are between 7-9 hours every night. However, the average person needs approximately eight hours of sleep per night.
Why is Adequate Sleep Crucial for Bright Eyes?
When we sleep, our body regenerates and repairs the cells, increasing blood flow to the skin. This process helps to heal and rejuvenate the skin around the eyes, reducing dark circles and puffiness. Furthermore, a good night’s sleep leads to a refreshed mind and body, resulting in brighter eyes and an improved appearance.
2. Keep Your Body Hydrated
Drinking plenty of water is essential for maintaining healthy and bright eyes. Dehydration can cause dryness, resulting in redness, itchiness, and fatigue in the eyes. Drinking at least eight glasses of water per day can help you keep your body hydrated, making your eyes appear more radiant and lively.
What are Some Other Benefits of Drinking Water?
- Lower risk of kidney stones
- Better digestion
- Improved skin health
- Reduced headache risk
- Helps maintain body temperature
3. Protect Your Eyes from Sun Exposure
Exposure to UV rays can cause severe damage to the eyes, leading to conditions such as cataracts and macular degeneration. Therefore, it is crucial to wear sunglasses, especially during peak daylight hours. Additionally, sunglasses help to reduce squinting, which can cause wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes.
What are the Types of Lenses Available for Sunglasses?
|Polarized Lens||Reduces glare and reflections|
|Mirrored Lens||Reduces glare and provides a stylish look|
|Gradient Lens||Darkens the lens at the top and gradually becomes lighter at the bottom|
4. Use Eye Creams
Eye creams are specially formulated to target the delicate skin around the eyes, providing hydration and nourishment. They help to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles, resulting in bright and youthful-looking eyes. While purchasing eye creams, look for ingredients such as Vitamin C, Retinol, and caffeine, which have brightening and de-puffing properties.
How to Apply Eye Cream?
- Cleanse your face and pat dry
- Squeeze a pea-sized amount of eye cream onto your ring finger
- Dab the cream gently around your eye area in a circular motion
- Don’t forget to apply the cream on your eyelids as well
- Apply the cream twice a day, morning and night, for better results
5. Eat Nutrient-Rich Food
Finally, eating the right food can help to keep your eyes bright and healthy. Nutrient-rich food such as leafy greens, carrots, sweet potatoes, fish, and eggs contain antioxidants and vitamins that protect the eyes from damage and maintain their health.
What are Some Foods that are Good for Eye Health?
- Spinach: Rich in lutein and zeaxanthin
- Sweet Potatoes: Rich in Vitamin A
- Sardines: Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Egg Yolks: Rich in Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Carrots: Rich in beta-carotene
Bright and captivating eyes can change your overall appearance and boost your confidence level. Adequate sleep, hydration, sun protection, eye creams, and nutrient-rich diets are easy ways to achieve bright eyes naturally. Incorporate these habits into your daily routine, and you’ll quickly notice a significant difference.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the other ways of reducing dark circles?
You can reduce dark circles by using cold compresses, applying caffeinated eye creams, and reducing salt intake in your diet.
Can contact lens use cause dryness in the eyes?
Yes. Wearing contact lenses for extended periods can cause dryness in the eyes. It’s essential to keep your eyes hydrated, especially when you use contact lenses often.
Can meditation help in reducing eye fatigue?
Yes, meditation helps to relax and reduce stress levels in the body, which can lead to eye fatigue. Practicing meditation for at least ten minutes per day can help reduce eye fatigue.
Do smartphones cause eye strain?
Yes, staring at a screen for extended periods can cause eye strain, dryness and fatigue. It’s recommended to use the 20/20/20 rule, which is taking a 20-second break every 20 minutes to look at an object that is 20 feet away.
What should I do to maintain bright eyes?
Apart from the tips mentioned above, it’s essential to maintain overall eye health. Get regular eye check-ups, keep your makeup tools clean, and avoid skincare products with harsh chemicals around the eye area.
- Cuellar-Partida, G., & Wolffsohn, J. S. (2018). The use of contact lenses in the aging population: Facts and controversies. Contact lens & anterior eye: the journal of the British Contact Lens Association, 41(2), 88-93.
- Park, E. J., & Peck, K. R. (2018). Use of sunscreen and cosmetics in Koreans: A questionnaire survey study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(4), 746.
- Tucker, M. A., & Folkard, S. (2012). Working time, health, and safety: A research synthesis paper. International Labour Organization.
- Wu, W. (2011). Prevention and Management of Eye Wrinkles. Journal of clinical and aesthetic dermatology, 4(8), 27-32.
- Zaccaria, M. L., & Guarneri, F. (2017). Hyperpigmentation in skin of color: an overview. Giornale italiano di dermatologia e venereologia: organo ufficiale, Societa italiana di dermatologia e sifilografia, 152(5), 522-531.