Hips are a crucial body part that can make or break your appearance. Even though wider hips are in vogue, not everyone is blessed with them naturally. So, is it possible to get rounder hips? Yes! With a well-chosen diet plan and proper workouts, you can achieve your desired outcome.
The Basics of Hips
Before we dive into the tips and tricks, let’s look at the basics. The hip is one of the most significant joints in the body, and it bears our body weight while we stand or sit. The hip bone is the ball and socket joint where each leg joins the pelvis. The hip bone consists of three parts; the ilium, ischium, and pubis.
What Determines Your Hip Shape?
The shape of your hips depends on your bone structure, muscles, and fat distribution. Your hip shape is pre-determined by genetics. However, with a systematic routine, you can slightly alter your hip shape.
Can You Get Wider Hips?
Yes, you can get wider hips by focusing on muscle and fat. Building muscle on your hips, thighs, and glutes will give the impression of a bigger pelvis. Gaining weight in the form of fat can also make your hips appear wider.
Maintain a Balanced Diet
The first rule of gaining rounder hips is to maintain a balanced diet. Consuming an excessive amount of calories and unhealthy food will do more harm than good. Your diet should be rich in protein, healthy fats, and nutrients.
What to Eat?
- Protein: Eating foods rich in protein help in muscle synthesis. Lean protein sources such as chicken, fish, egg whites, lentils, and beans should be included in your diet plan.
- Healthy Fats: Fats are an essential part of any diet. Healthy fats include nuts, seeds, olive oil, and avocado.
- Carbs: Consume carbs that have a low glycemic index like sweet potatoes, quinoa, and brown rice.
What to Avoid?
- Processed food: Avoid food with added sugars, fats, and preservatives.
- Trans Fats: Trans fats are often found in fast food and fried food. These fats are linked to various health issues, so try to limit their intake.
- Saturated Fats: Saturated fats are usually found in meat and dairy products. Limiting or avoiding these foods can be beneficial for overall health.
Proper Workouts for Your Hips
If you want to accentuate your hips, focusing on your lower body is the way to go. Building muscular strength and endurance are key to getting rounder hips.
Exercises to Get Rounder Hips
|Squats||Targets glutes and hips, improves flexibility|
|Lunges||Targets glutes and hip muscles, improves balance|
|Step-ups||Targets glutes and hip muscles, improves balance|
|Donkey Kicks||Targets glutes and hip muscles, improves flexibility|
|Fire Hydrants||Targets hips, glutes, and core muscles, improves flexibility|
Wear the Right Clothes
The right clothes can make a significant difference in your appearance. Wear clothes that fit you properly and accentuate your curves.
What to Wear?
- High-Waisted Jeans: High-waisted jeans accentuate your waist, making your hips appear wider.
- Bootcut Jeans: Bootcut jeans flare out at the bottom, creating an impression of a curvier figure.
- A-Line Skirts: A-line skirts flare out at the bottom, creating an hourglass figure.
What to Avoid?
- Tight Clothing: Avoid tight clothes that create unwanted bulges and make you feel uncomfortable.
- Shapeless Clothes: Clothes with no defined shape make you look wider than you are.
- Low-Rise Jeans: Low-rise jeans make your hips appear smaller.
Consistency is Key
Getting rounder hips requires persistence and patience. It is impossible to get results in just a few weeks. You need to be committed to your daily routine and follow a healthy lifestyle consistently.
Set Realistic Goals
Setting realistic goals help you stay optimistic and encourages you to keep going. Keep track of your progress and celebrate small milestones.
Motivate yourself every day by visualizing your desired outcome. Listen to motivational music, look at inspiring pictures and surround yourself with positive people.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
- Can I get wider hips without gaining weight? Yes, building muscle on your hips can make them appear wider, even if you don’t gain weight.
- How long does it take to get rounder hips? It depends on your fitness level and consistency. However, it may take at least 6-8 weeks to notice visible changes.
- What kind of food should I avoid? Avoid processed and unhealthy foods that are high in sugar, saturated, and trans fats.
- Is cardio essential to get rounder hips? Cardio is not essential, but it can help you lose excess fat, which will make your hips look rounder.
- Can a waist trainer help me get rounder hips? No, waist trainers do not help you get rounder hips. They are designed to help you achieve an hourglass figure by cinching your waist.
Getting rounder hips might seem like a daunting task, but with a balanced diet, regular workouts, and consistency, you can achieve your dream figure. Remember, everyone is unique, and your body may take some time to show visible changes. Keep at it, stay motivated, and celebrate small victories along the way.
- Ballard, T., Clapper, J., … & Walsh, M. (2021, August 6). Muscles of the Hip. StatPearls. https://www.statpearls.com/articlelibrary/viewarticle/24249/
- HipBone Anatomy. InnerBody. https://www.innerbody.com/image/skel16.html
- Mero, A. A., Mehta, R. K., & Summers, J. J. (2013). Construct validity of commonly used indices of neuromuscular power and capacity. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports, 23, 287-291.