Looking for a bold and unique way to stand out from the crowd? Want to add a touch of color to your hair without going too wild? Then why not try out blue-tipped locks! With just a few simple steps, you can achieve a stunning and stylish look that is sure to turn heads.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
The first step in achieving blue-tipped locks is to gather all of the materials that you will need for the process.
- Blue hair dye
- Applicator brush
- Tint brush
- Plastic wrap
- Shampoo and conditioner
Make sure that you have everything on hand before you begin, as this will make the process much smoother and more efficient.
Step 2: Prepare Your Hair
Before you can start the dyeing process, you’ll need to prepare your hair by washing it and sectioning it off.
- Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove any product buildup.
- Use a comb to section off the part of your hair that you want to dye.
- Clip each section out of the way to make the dyeing process easier.
Once your hair is washed and sectioned, you’re ready to move on to the next step.
Step 3: Bleach Your Tips
In order to achieve a vibrant blue color, you’ll need to bleach your tips first.
- Mix your bleach according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Starting at the tips of your hair, use your applicator brush to apply the bleach to each section.
- Cover each section with plastic wrap to keep the bleach from drying out.
- Leave the bleach on for the recommended time (usually 20-30 minutes) or until your tips are the desired lightness.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly to remove all of the bleach.
Once your hair is bleached, it’s time to move on to the dyeing process.
Step 4: Apply Your Blue Dye
After you’ve bleached your tips, you’re ready to apply your blue hair dye.
- Mix your hair dye according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Use your tint brush to apply the dye to each section of hair that you bleached.
- Cover each section with plastic wrap to keep the dye from drying out.
- Leave the dye on for the recommended time (usually 30 minutes to an hour) or until your tips are the desired shade of blue.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly to remove all of the dye.
Once your tips are rinsed and dried, you’re all set with your blue-tipped locks!
Step 5: Maintain Your Color
Now that you have your stunning blue-tipped locks, it’s important to take proper care of them to keep the color looking vibrant and fresh.
- Use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner to help maintain your color.
- Avoid washing your hair too often, as this can cause your color to fade more quickly.
- Avoid excessive heat styling, as this can also cause your color to fade more quickly.
- Consider using a hair mask or deep conditioning treatment once a week to keep your hair moisturized and healthy.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your blue-tipped locks look amazing for weeks to come!
Getting blue-tipped locks may seem like a daunting task, but with these simple steps, you can achieve a stunning and unique look that is sure to turn heads. Remember to prepare your hair, bleach your tips, apply your dye, and take proper care of your color to keep it looking vibrant and fresh. With a little bit of time and effort, you can achieve the bold and beautiful look that you’ve been dreaming of!
Q: Is it safe to bleach my hair?
A: Bleaching your hair can be damaging, so it’s important to take proper precautions and follow the instructions carefully. Make sure that you’re using the right type of bleach for your hair type and texture, and avoid leaving the bleach on for too long. If you’re unsure about bleaching your hair, it’s always best to consult with a professional stylist.
Q: How long will the blue color last?
A: The length of time that your blue color will last depends on a variety of factors, including the type and quality of hair dye that you use, how often you wash and style your hair, and how well you take care of your color. With proper care and maintenance, you can expect your blue color to last for several weeks to a few months.
Q: Can I dye my hair blue without bleaching it first?
A: If your hair is already light enough, you may be able to skip the bleaching process and go straight to dyeing your hair blue. However, if your hair is dark or has a lot of color buildup, you’ll likely need to bleach it first in order to achieve a vibrant and true blue color.
Q: What should I do if my hair turns green instead of blue?
A: If your hair turns green instead of blue, it’s likely because you didn’t bleach your hair enough before applying the dye. You can try washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo to help remove the green tint, or you can go back and bleach your hair again before trying to dye it blue.
1. “How to Dye Your Hair Blue at Home with Natural Shampoo”. Natural Beach Living, https://www.naturalbeachliving.com/how-to-dye-your-hair-blue-at-home-with-natural-shampoo/. Accessed 18 August 2021.
2. “DIY Blue Hair Dye: Everything You Need to Know”. PureWow, https://www.purewow.com/beauty/how-to-dye-hair-blue. Accessed 18 August 2021.
3. “How to Dye Hair Blue without Bleach? 11 Best Ways You Can Choose”. Hair Theme, https://www.hairtheme.com/2018/08/how-to-dye-hair-blue-without-bleach.html. Accessed 18 August 2021.