Nail polish is often the final touch of our outfit, and it adds grace to our overall appearance. But it can be frustrating when you spend hours painting your nails and, after a few days, it starts chipping. It might be tempting to remove the whole polish and redo it, but what if we tell you that you could fix it with just a few easy steps? In this article, we’ll show you how to fix chipped nail polish in 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Gather the Supplies
Before you start fixing the chipped nail polish, you need to gather all the supplies that will make this process easier for you. Here is what you will need:
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls
- Nail buffer block
- Base coat nail polish
- Topcoat nail polish
Step 2: Prepare Your Nails
Once you’ve gathered all the supplies, the next step is to prepare your nails. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to prepare your nails for fixing the chipped nail polish:
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in nail polish remover to clean the nail.
- Use the nail buffer block to even out the edges of the chipped nail polish. Be gentle while buffering, as you don’t want to damage your nails.
- Once you’re done buffering, take another cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover and clean the nail one more time to remove any dust produced while buffering.
Step 3: Fix the Chipped Nail Polish
Now that your nails are prepared, it’s time to fix the chipped nail polish. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to fix it:
- Apply a base coat on your nails. The base coat will help your polish last longer and adhere to the nail better than it would without a base coat.
- Apply a thin layer of the nail polish over the chipped part of your nail. Make sure not to use too much polish, or it will take longer to dry and will be more likely to get smudged.
- Let the polish dry completely, usually takes about 5 minutes. Use a blow dryer on the cold setting to speed up the drying process.
- Apply a topcoat to seal the polish and make it last longer.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips that can help you make the most out of fixing chipped nail polish:
- Make sure to store your nail polish bottles in a cool and dry place. Excessive heat or light can cause the polish to become thick and unmanageable.
- If you’re not in a hurry, wait at least 10-15 minutes after applying the topcoat to avoid smudging or ruining your nails unknowingly.
- If your polish is thick and clumpy, use a few drops of nail polish remover to thin it out. It will make it easier to paint over your nails, and it’ll dry faster.
Chipped nail polish can be frustrating, but it’s not the end of the world. With these three easy steps, you can fix your chipped nail polish easily and make it look like you just got your nails done. Remember to be gentle while buffering, apply the primer before the nail polish, use thin layers, and let it dry completely before you proceed with the topcoat. Follow these tips to get the best results and make your nails beautiful and presentable.
Most Common Questions and Answers:
Here are some of the most common questions asked by people, answered:
1. What causes nail polish to chip and peel?
There can be numerous reasons behind nail polish chipping and peeling, including exposure to water, cleaning agents, heat, pressure, or even everyday wear and tear. Use a high-quality nail polish that has a longer life and remains chip-resistant for a long time.
2. Can I use nail polish to fix the chipped polish?
Yes, nail polish can fix chipped nail polish. Apply a thin layer of nail polish over the chipped part of your nail and let it dry. Once it’s dry, you can add a topcoat for a better finish.
3. Can a topcoat prevent nail polish from chipping?
Yes, a topcoat can seal the polish and prevent it from chipping. Make sure to apply a topcoat after you’re done with the base coat and nail polish paint. It will help the nail polish last longer and keep it from chipping and peeling.
4. How do I remove chipped nail polish?
Use a cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover and apply it on the nail. Wait for a few seconds and then gently wipe off the polish. Repeat the process until all the polish is removed, and then follow the instructions discussed above to fix your chipped nail polish.
5. How long does nail polish last?
The duration of nail polish depends on a variety of factors, such as the quality of the product, the way you apply it, and how often you use them. On average, nail polish can last for 5-7 days, and with proper care, it can last up to two weeks or longer.