The Ordinary Peeling Solution is a popular skincare product that is widely recognized by beauty experts for its ability to brighten and even out skin tone. However, using this solution too often can damage your skin. Therefore, it is essential to understand how frequently you should use it to achieve the best results without harming your skin.
Why Is It Important to Exfoliate Your Skin?
The purpose of exfoliating your skin is to remove dead skin cells, which can clog pores and leave your skin looking dull and rough. By removing these dead skin cells, you create a brighter and smoother-looking complexion. The Ordinary Peeling Solution is one of the most effective products for exfoliating your skin.
What Makes The Ordinary Peeling Solution So Effective?
The Ordinary Peeling Solution is an AHA/BHA exfoliating solution that contains a combination of glycolic, lactic, and salicylic acids. It is a powerful exfoliant that can help unclog pores and remove dead skin cells. The solution also contains vitamin B5, which helps to soothe the skin after exfoliating.
What are AHAs and BHAs?
AHAs, or alpha-hydroxy acids, are water-soluble acids that are commonly used in exfoliating products. They work by breaking down the bonds between dead skin cells, helping to reveal the newer, brighter skin beneath. BHAs, or beta-hydroxy acids, are oil-soluble acids that can penetrate deep into the pores to unclog them. Salicylic acid is the most common BHA used in skincare products.
How Often Should You Use The Ordinary Peeling Solution?
Although The Ordinary Peeling Solution is a powerful exfoliant, it is essential to use it in moderation to avoid damaging your skin. As a general rule, it is recommended that you use The Ordinary Peeling Solution no more than twice a week.
What Happens If You Use The Ordinary Peeling Solution Too Often?
If you use The Ordinary Peeling Solution too often, it can damage your skin’s natural protective barrier, leaving your skin vulnerable to environmental stressors, infection, and inflammation. Over-exfoliating can also dry out your skin, causing it to produce more oil and leading to breakouts.
Can You Use The Ordinary Peeling Solution More Than Twice a Week?
If you have been using The Ordinary Peeling Solution once or twice a week for several weeks and your skin feels comfortable and looks healthy, you can gradually increase the frequency to three times a week. However, it is not recommended to use it more than three times a week, even if your skin seems to tolerate it well.
How to Use The Ordinary Peeling Solution?
Before using The Ordinary Peeling Solution, it is essential to do a patch test to check for any allergic reactions. To use the product, follow the instructions below:
- Cleanse your face and pat it dry.
- Apply a small amount of The Ordinary Peeling Solution to your fingertips and spread it evenly over your face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the solution on your face for no more than 10 minutes, then rinse it off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Follow up with your usual moisturizer and sunscreen.
What Precautions Should You Take?
It is important to be cautious when using The Ordinary Peeling Solution. Here are some precautions to keep in mind:
- Do not use The Ordinary Peeling Solution on broken, sunburned or irritated skin.
- Do not use The Ordinary Peeling Solution in combination with other exfoliating products or treatments.
- Do not use The Ordinary Peeling Solution if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Be sure to use sunscreen daily, as exfoliating products can increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using The Ordinary Peeling Solution?
- The Ordinary Peeling Solution can effectively exfoliate your skin, leaving it smoother and brighter.
- The product contains a combination of AHA and BHA acids, which can help to unclog pores and reduce blackheads and whiteheads.
- The Ordinary Peeling Solution is affordable and widely available.
- The product is suitable for most skin types.
- The Ordinary Peeling Solution can be too harsh for sensitive skin.
- The product can cause redness or irritation if left on the skin for too long.
- The product contains a high concentration of acids, which can damage the skin’s natural protective barrier if overused.
- The Ordinary Peeling Solution can increase your skin’s photosensitivity, making it more vulnerable to UV damage.
The Ordinary Peeling Solution is a powerful exfoliating product that can leave your skin looking brighter and smoother. However, it is important to use it in moderation and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your skin. If you experience any redness, irritation or discomfort after using The Ordinary Peeling Solution, stop using it and speak to a dermatologist. Remember that everyone’s skin is different, and what works for one person may not work for another.
1. How long should I leave the Ordinary Peeling Solution on my face?
You should leave The Ordinary Peeling Solution on your face for no longer than 10 minutes.
2. How often can I use The Ordinary Peeling Solution?
You can use The Ordinary Peeling Solution up to three times a week, but it is recommended to start with once or twice a week and gradually increase the frequency.
3. Can I use The Ordinary Peeling Solution in the morning?
No, you should not use The Ordinary Peeling Solution in the morning as it can increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
4. Can The Ordinary Peeling Solution help with acne?
Yes, The Ordinary Peeling Solution can help to reduce acne by exfoliating the skin and reducing the appearance of blackheads and whiteheads.
5. Is The Ordinary Peeling Solution suitable for all skin types?
The Ordinary Peeling Solution is suitable for most skin types, but it can be too harsh for sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, it is important to do a patch test before using the product.
1. Valins W. The Basics of Skin Care. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2019 Sep;46(3):489-499. doi: 10.1016/j.ogc.2019.04.008. PMID: 31378268.
2. Robert C. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology Dovepress Journal. 2018 Jan 12; Volume 11: Pages 95-105. PMID: 29403300.
3. Del Rosso JQ, Levin J. The Clinical Relevance of Maintaining the Functional Integrity of the Stratum Corneum in Both Healthy and Compromised Skin. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2011 Mar;4(3):22-42. PMID: 21448032; PMCID: PMC3060964.