Are you trying to master portion control but confused about how much 4 ounces of chicken actually is? You’re not alone! Knowing how much to eat can be challenging especially if you’re new to healthy eating habits. But don’t worry, in this article, we’ll discuss all about 4 ounces of chicken and the different ways to make the perfect portion. Let’s dive in!
What is 4 ounces of chicken?
On average, 4 ounces of chicken is about the size of the palm of your hand or a deck of cards. It’s also equivalent to 1/2 cup of cooked chicken or 2 small chicken thighs.
However, keep in mind that the exact weight can vary depending on how the chicken is cut and prepared. Raw chicken breast typically yields 4 ounces of cooked chicken while the same measure of baked chicken thighs or legs may weigh more due to the presence of skin and bone.
How to measure 4 ounces of chicken?
Here are some ways to measure 4 ounces of chicken:
- Use a kitchen scale to weigh the chicken meat.
- Refer to the nutrition label on a pre-packaged chicken that displays the serving size and weight.
- Estimated based on your hand size or other everyday objects such as a smartphone.
How much protein is in 4 ounces of chicken?
Chicken is a great source of protein that helps build and repair muscles. 4 ounces of chicken contains around 28 grams of protein, which is more than 25% of the recommended daily value.
How to make the perfect 4-ounce chicken portion?
Now that you know what 4 ounces of chicken is, let’s explore different ways to make the perfect portion.
Baked chicken breast
Baked chicken breast is one of the healthiest and easiest ways to prepare chicken. Here’s how to make a perfect 4-ounce portion:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season a 4-ounce chicken breast with herbs and spices, such as thyme, rosemary, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
Grilled chicken is another healthy and tasty option that’s easy to cook. Here’s how to grill a perfect 4-ounce chicken:
- Preheat your grill to medium – high heat.
- Brush your chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and paprika on both sides of the chicken.
- Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Take the chicken off the grill and let it rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
If you’re looking for something quick and easy, stir-fried chicken is an excellent option. Here’s how to make a perfect 4-ounce portion:
- Season a 4-ounce chicken with soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Stir fry the chicken over high heat for 4-5 minutes or until all the pink is gone.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest for five minutes before serving.
What are the benefits?
Healthy source of protein
Chicken is a healthy source of protein that improves muscle health and strength, reduces inflammation, strengthens immunity and helps maintain weight.
Eating the right amount of chicken helps boost your metabolism and keeps you energetic throughout the day.
Rich in vitamins and minerals
Chicken is rich in several essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Iron that help keep your body healthy and strong.
Mastering the perfect portion takes time and effort. With the information we’ve provided, you can now confidently measure and create a perfect 4-ounce chicken portion. Remember, portion control helps you maintain a balanced and healthy diet that helps you stay fit and strong.
- What is the size of 4 ounces of chicken?
- How many calories are in 4 ounces of chicken?
- Can I eat chicken every day?
- What are the best ways to cook chicken?
- Can I freeze my 4-ounce chicken portion?
- On average, 4 ounces of chicken is about the size of the palm of your hand or a deck of cards.
- 4 ounces of chicken roughly provides 185 calories.
- Yes, you can eat chicken every day, but it’s essential to mix it up with vegetables, fruits, and whole grains for a well-rounded diet.
- Some of the best ways to cook chicken are baking, grilling, and stir-frying.
- Absolutely, freezing your 4-ounce chicken portion can help you save time and prep in advance for meal planning.