Septum piercing is a popular piercing choice for many. If you’re considering getting your septum pierced, then you’re probably wondering how much it’ll cost you. Septum piercing costs vary depending on a few factors, such as location, piercer, and whether jewelry is included. In this article, we’ll be breaking down the cost of septum piercings and what you can expect to pay.
Factors that Affect the Cost of a Septum Piercing
The cost of a septum piercing can vary depending on a few different factors. Some of the most common factors that affect the cost of a septum piercing include:
- The location: Septum piercing prices will vary depending on where you live. Location plays a huge role in the cost of the piercing, as prices can be higher in urban areas versus rural areas. You might also find that some areas have a higher demand for piercers, which can drive up the price of the piercing.
- The piercer: The piercer you choose will affect the cost of your septum piercing. An experienced piercer with a good reputation will generally cost more than someone who’s just starting out. You’ll want to choose a piercer who has a good hygiene record and who takes the time to explain the process and aftercare instructions to you.
- The jewelry: The type of jewelry you choose will also affect the cost of your septum piercing. Basic jewelry like a horseshoe-shaped ring will be less expensive than jewelry made from precious metals like gold or silver. You might also have the option to choose from different styles and gems, which can raise the price of the jewelry.
- The aftercare products: After you get your septum pierced, you’ll need to take care of it properly to prevent infection. Some piercers include aftercare products in the cost of the piercing, while others charge extra for them.
The Average Cost of a Septum Piercing
The cost of a septum piercing can vary widely depending on the factors mentioned above. On average, you can expect to pay around $40-$100 for a septum piercing. Keep in mind that this price does not include the jewelry or aftercare products, which can add an additional $20-$50 to the total cost.
As mentioned earlier, location plays a huge role in the cost of a septum piercing. In general, prices will be lower in rural areas than in urban areas. To give you an idea of what to expect, here are some average prices for septum piercings in different locations:
|Location||Average Cost of a Septum Piercing|
|New York City||$80-$150|
The piercer you choose will also affect the cost of your septum piercing. When choosing a piercer, you’ll want to make sure they’re experienced, reputable, and licensed. Here are some average prices for septum piercings with different types of piercers:
- Experienced piercer: $80-$150
- Moderately experienced piercer: $50-$80
- New piercer: $30-$50
The type of jewelry you choose will also affect the total cost of your septum piercing. Here are some average prices for different types of jewelry:
- Basic jewelry: $10-$20
- Precious metal jewelry: $50-$150
- Jewelry with gems: $80-$200
After you get your septum pierced, you’ll need to take care of it properly to prevent infection. Some piercers include aftercare products in the cost of the piercing, while others charge extra for them. Here are some average prices for aftercare products:
- Saline solution: $5-$10
- Aftercare cream: $10-$20
- Piercing cleaning solution: $5-$10
The cost of a septum piercing varies depending on a few factors, such as location, piercer, jewelry, and aftercare products. On average, you can expect to pay around $40-$100 for the piercing alone, with an additional $20-$50 for jewelry and aftercare products. Keep in mind that it’s important to choose a reputable piercer and take care of your piercing properly to prevent infection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does getting your septum pierced hurt?
Yes, getting your septum pierced can be painful. However, the pain is short-lived, and most people find that the piercing pain is less intense than they initially thought it would be.
2. How long does it take for a septum piercing to heal?
Septum piercings can take anywhere from six to twelve months to fully heal. During this time, you’ll need to take care of your piercing regularly to prevent infection.
3. Can I change my jewelry after getting my septum pierced?
It’s recommended to wait until your septum piercing has fully healed before changing your jewelry. Your piercer will be able to advise you on when it’s safe to change your jewelry.
4. Can I hide my septum piercing for work or school?
Yes, you can hide your septum piercing by flipping the jewelry up inside your nostrils. Make sure to get a curved barbell or circular barbell for this purpose.
5. What should I do if my septum piercing gets infected?
If you suspect that your septum piercing is infected, seek medical attention immediately. Your piercer will be able to advise you on how to properly care for your piercing and prevent further infection.