How Many Carbs in Subway Spinach Wrap: A Low-Carb Delight!
Subway offers a wide variety of healthier options for customers who are looking for low-carb or low-calorie sandwiches. Among these, the Subway Spinach Wrap is one such option that is low in carbs and high in nutrition. This article will provide you with everything you need to know about the carbs in the Subway Spinach Wrap.
What is a Subway Spinach Wrap?
A Subway Spinach Wrap is a popular menu item that consists of a spinach tortilla filled with fresh vegetables, condiments, and a choice of protein. The tortilla is made with spinach flour which is higher in nutrients than regular flour. The Subway Spinach Wrap is an excellent low-carb option for those looking to stay healthy and maintain a balanced diet. The best part is that you can customize your wrap by choosing your own filling.
What are the Nutritional Facts of a Subway Spinach Wrap?
The nutritional values of a Subway Spinach Wrap vary based on the toppings and fillings chosen. Here is nutritional information for a plain Subway Spinach Wrap:
|Nutritional Facts||Amount per serving (1 wrap)|
It is important to note that the nutritional values listed on the Subway website may not reflect any alterations made to the sandwich. The nutritional values of the sandwich will vary based on the toppings and dressings added.
How Many Carbs Does a Subway Spinach Wrap Contain?
A Subway Spinach Wrap contains 26g of total carbohydrates, which includes 9g of dietary fiber, resulting in a net carb count of 17g. This makes it an ideal wrap for those who want to keep their carb intake to a minimum.
What are the Ingredients in a Subway Spinach Wrap?
The Subway Spinach Wrap contains the following ingredients:
- Enriched flour (wheat flour, malt barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid)
- Vegetable glycerin
- Spinach powder
- Modified wheat starch
- Olive oil
- Calcium propionate
- Potassium sorbate
- Cellulose gum
- Soy lecithin
- Guar gum
- Xanthan gum
- Sodium stearoyl lactylate
What Are the Best Fillings for a Low-Carb Subway Spinach Wrap?
The following proteins are low-carb options that go well with the Subway Spinach Wrap:
- Grilled chicken
- Turkey breast
- Roast beef
- Veggie patty
The following cheese options are low-carb and can be added to your Subway Spinach Wrap:
- Cheddar cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Swiss cheese
- Provolone cheese
Fruits and Vegetables
The following fruits and vegetables can be added to your Subway Spinach Wrap to enhance its flavor and nutrition:
- Bell peppers
How to Order a Low-Carb Subway Spinach Wrap?
The Subway website has a ‘Build Your Own’ feature that allows you to customize your sandwich according to your dietary preferences. Here are the steps to order a low-carb Subway Spinach Wrap:
- Start by selecting ‘Spinach Wrap’ as your bread choice.
- Choose a protein option with low carbs, such as grilled chicken or turkey breast.
- Add low-carb toppings such as avocado, spinach, or lettuce.
- Avoid high-carb toppings such as sweet onion sauce, honey mustard, or BBQ sauce.
- Opt for low-carb cheese options such as cheddar or Swiss cheese.
- Avoid dressings with high sugar content or those that contain wheat, such as ranch, honey mustard, or thousand island.
A Subway Spinach Wrap is an excellent low-carb option for individuals who want to maintain a healthy diet without compromising on taste. By choosing the right filling and toppings, you can make this wrap a delicious and nutritious meal option.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. Is the Subway Spinach Wrap a low-carb option?
- A: Yes, the Subway Spinach Wrap is a low-carb option that contains 17g of net carbs.
- Q. Can I customize my Subway Spinach Wrap?
- A: Yes, you can customize your Subway Spinach Wrap by choosing your preferred fillings and toppings.
- Q. What are the best low-carb fillings for a Subway Spinach Wrap?
- A: The best low-carb fillings for a Subway Spinach Wrap are grilled chicken, turkey breast, roast beef, ham, veggie patty, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Swiss cheese, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bell peppers, olives, spinach, and avocado.
- Q. Can I order a low-carb Subway Spinach Wrap online?
- A: Yes, you can order a low-carb Subway Spinach Wrap online by choosing ‘Spinach Wrap’ as the bread option and selecting low-carb fillings and toppings.