If you love breakfast sausage links and want to cook them quickly and easily, you might want to try using an air fryer. This popular appliance is ideal for cooking sausage links, and it’s healthier than frying them in a pan. However, the big question is, how long do you need to cook the sausage links in an air fryer? In this quick guide, we’ll help you answer that question and share some tips for cooking the perfect breakfast sausage links in your air fryer.
Why Use an Air Fryer for Breakfast Sausage Links?
Before we get into how long to cook breakfast sausage links in an air fryer, let’s talk about why you might want to use an air fryer in the first place. Air fryers are a popular cooking appliance that have become increasingly popular in recent years. They use hot air to cook food, so you don’t need to add any oil or fat, making them ideal for preparing healthy meals. Another benefit of air fryers is that they cook food quickly, so you can enjoy your favorite dishes in no time.
When it comes to cooking breakfast sausage links, air fryers offer several advantages. Here are a few reasons why you might want to try cooking sausage links in your air fryer:
- They cook the sausage links evenly, so you won’t end up with some sausages overcooked and others undercooked
- They’re quick and easy to use, so you can cook a batch of sausage links in just a few minutes
- They’re healthier than pan-frying because you don’t need to add any extra oil or fat
How Long to Cook Breakfast Sausage Links in Air Fryer?
Now that you understand the benefits of using an air fryer to cook breakfast sausage links, let’s answer the all-important question: how long do you need to cook the sausage links in the air fryer to make sure they’re fully cooked?
The answer depends on a few factors, including the type and size of the sausage links, the temperature of your air fryer, and how well-done you like your sausage. In general, you can expect to cook most breakfast sausage links in the air fryer for around 8-10 minutes. Here’s a more detailed guide:
|Air Fryer Temperature
|Regular Pork Breakfast Sausage Links
|Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links
|Chicken Breakfast Sausage Links
|Reduced-Fat Pork Breakfast Sausage Links
Tips for Cooking Breakfast Sausage Links in Air Fryer
Now that you know how long to cook breakfast sausage links in your air fryer, let’s share some tips to help you get the best results:
- Preheat your air fryer before adding the sausage links, so they cook evenly and quickly
- Arrange the sausage links in a single layer in the air fryer basket, so they don’t touch or overlap
- Flip the sausage links halfway through the cooking process to ensure both sides cook evenly
- Check the internal temperature of the sausage links with a meat thermometer to ensure they reach at least 160°F before serving
- Let the sausage links rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute
Alternative Ways to Cook Breakfast Sausage Links
If you don’t have an air fryer or prefer an alternative cooking method, there are several other ways to cook breakfast sausage links. Here are some of the most popular methods:
- Pan-fry: Heat a pan over medium heat and add the sausage links. Cook for around 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until they’re crispy and golden-brown on all sides.
- Grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and grill the sausage links for around 5-7 minutes per side or until fully cooked.
- Bake: Preheat your oven to 375°F and place the sausage links on a baking sheet. Bake for around 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked, turning once halfway through.
Cooking breakfast sausage links in an air fryer is quick, easy, and healthy, and with the tips we’ve shared in this quick guide, you can cook the perfect batch of sausage links every time. Remember, the key is to preheat your air fryer, arrange the sausage links in a single layer, flip them halfway through the cooking process, and check their internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure they’re fully cooked. Happy cooking!
Common Questions and Answers
Here are some of the most common questions people ask about cooking breakfast sausage links in an air fryer:
- Can I cook frozen breakfast sausage links in an air fryer?
- Can I cook raw breakfast sausage links in an air fryer?
- How many sausage links can I cook in the air fryer at once?
- Can I cook different types of breakfast sausage links together in the air fryer?
- Do I need to preheat my air fryer before cooking sausage links?
Yes, you can. Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook the frozen sausage links for around 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer before serving.
Yes, you can. Follow the cooking times and instructions we’ve shared in this guide to ensure the sausage links are fully cooked before serving.
It depends on the size of your air fryer, but as a general rule, you should only cook enough sausage links to cover the bottom of the basket in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd the basket, or the sausages won’t cook evenly.
Yes, you can, but you’ll need to adjust the cooking temperature and time based on the type of sausage links you’re cooking. Consult the packaging or recipe instructions for more information.
Yes, you should preheat your air fryer to ensure the sausage links cook evenly and quickly. Preheat for around 3-5 minutes before adding the sausage links.
Here are some resources we used to help us create this guide: