How Long Is 50 cm in Feet? Time to Brush Up on Your Metric Conversion Skills!
If you are reading this article, chances are you’re currently facing a dilemma- you need to convert from metric to imperial units or vice versa, but you don’t know where to begin. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. The metric system is widely used around the world, but if you’re from a country that still primarily uses imperial units (like the United States), then it can be confusing to convert between the two. In this article, we’ll be focusing on the conversion of centimeters (cm) to feet. Specifically, we will answer the question of how long is 50 cm in feet?
- Why would you need to know how long 50 cm is in feet?
The reason for this is relatively simple – you are probably trying to measure or convert a distance for a particular project, item or activity. Whenever we deal with different measurements, it’s always important to ensure that we use the right unit of measure to avoid any errors, especially when it comes to measurement in construction, engineering, or scientific work. For example, imagine you’re building a table from scratch, and the plans are given in metric units. You may need to convert measurements from metric to imperial, like centimeters to feet, to ensure that you have accurate measurements when creating your table.
- What is the metric system, and how does it differ from the imperial system?
The metric system is an internationally recognized decimalized system of measurement based on the meter, liter, and gram. It is widely used around the world, and it’s a simpler, more precise, and more logical system than imperial measurements. In contrast, the imperial system uses units like inches, feet, and miles, and it’s primarily used in the United States and the United Kingdom.
How Long Is 50 Centimeters in Feet?
To convert centimeters to feet, we need to know that one foot is equal to 30.48 centimeters. So, to convert 50 centimeters to feet, we need to divide 50 by 30.48, which gives us 1.64 feet or approximately 1 foot 7.7 inches. Therefore, 50 centimeters is equivalent to 1.64 feet or 19.68 inches.
How to Convert Centimeters to Feet
To convert centimeters to feet, we can use the following formula:
1 centimeter = 0.0328084 feet
Using this formula, we can convert any given length in centimeters to feet. Let’s take a look at some examples:
What Are Some Tools that Can Help You Convert Centimeters to Feet?
Here are some tools that can help you convert centimeters to feet:
- Calculator- you can input the numbers and convert yourself. Follow the conversion formula of 1cm=0.0328084ft to get your answer.
- Online conversion tools- there are several conversion tools available on the internet that allow you to easily convert centimeters to feet. These tools require you to input the number of centimeters you want to convert, and the tool will calculate the conversion for you.
- Mobile applications- you can also download and install conversion applications on your phone. These apps are convenient if you need to convert measurements on the go.
In conclusion, we have learned that 50 centimeters is equivalent to 1.64 feet. We also learned the formula for converting centimeters to feet, and we’ve seen some examples and tools that can help us with metric to imperial conversions. While metric conversions may seem intimidating at first, with a little practice and some helpful tools, you’ll be a conversion pro in no time. Just keep in mind the various units of measurement when working on different projects.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is the formula for converting centimeters to feet?
- What is the difference between metric and imperial measurements?
- Why is it important to convert between centimeters and feet?
The formula for converting centimeters to feet is 1 centimeter = 0.0328084 feet.
The metric system is an internationally recognized decimalized system of measurement based on the meter, liter, and gram. In contrast, the imperial system uses units like inches, feet, and miles, and it’s primarily used in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Whenever we deal with different measurements, it’s always important to ensure that we use the right unit of measure to avoid any errors, especially when it comes to measurement in construction, engineering, or scientific work.
- How to Convert Centimeters to Feet (with Unit Converter) – wikiHow. (n.d.). Wikihow. Retrieved September 5, 2021, from https://www.wikihow.com/Convert-Centimeters-to-Feet
- Why is the metric system important? – National Institute of Standards and Technology. (n.d.). National Institute of Standards and Technology. Retrieved September 5, 2021, from https://www.nist.gov/pml/weights-and-measures/metric-si/why-metric-system-important