Are you interested in using Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) but unsure about when it takes effect? Knowing when RSO takes effect is important to its potential effectiveness and proper use. RSO has grown in popularity over the years, and many users have attested to its calming effects, pain relief, and mental clarity. In this ultimate guide, we will delve into the details and answer the question: How long does RSO take to kick in?
What is Roy Simpson Oil (RSO)?
Rick Simpson oil was first popularized by Rick Simpson himself after using it to cure his skin cancer. Rick Simpson oil is found in marijuana plants and is also known as cannabis oil, hemp oil, or Phoenix Tears. It is known for its high THC content and its broad range of potential health benefits. The oil can be used for various purposes, such as cancer treatment, pain relief, anxiety, and depression.
How is RSO consumed?
RSO is mostly consumed as a topical application or used sublingually. Ingesting the oil orally is another popular method, often mixed with meals or placed in capsules. Because of RSO’s high THC content, patients should always start with a low dosage and gradually increase to avoid negative side effects.
How long does it take for RSO to take effect?
The effectiveness of RSO depends on various factors, including the type of consumption and the individual’s metabolism. Sublingual consumption is said to have the quickest onset, taking as little as 15 minutes to feel the effect. Oral consumption is the most common consumption method and may take as long as 1-2 hours to kick in. However, it could take longer, depending on the individual’s metabolism rate. Topical application may take as long as an hour to feel the effects in areas applied.
Factors that affect the onset of RSO
- Consumption Method: Different consumption methods have varied onset periods.
- Metabolism rate: Individuals with faster metabolism may feel the effect quicker than those with slower metabolism rates.
- Body type: The body weight and size may affect the onset of RSO. Bigger bodies may require more oil, and the onset may be slower.
- Quality and concentration of RSO: Higher-quality oils and greater concentrations may take longer to take effect.
Onset Duration of RSO
Once the RSO kicks in, its effect can last for a few hours to the entire day, depending on the individual’s tolerance level and dosage level. Smaller doses may last for only a few hours, while larger doses may last a day or more. When consuming RSO, always know your tolerance level and factor in dosage size.
How to take RSO safely?
RSO has a high THC content, and taking the correct dose is crucial to avoid negative side effects. Start with a small dose and gradually work your way up. It is best to take RSO with food or a glass of water. When consuming RSO orally or sublingually, place it under the tongue, then swallow. Never exceed the recommended dosage, and always seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
How to Store RSO?
Proper RSO storage is necessary to preserve its potency and ensure its potential effectiveness. The oil should be stored in a dry and cool environment, away from direct sunlight or heat. Keeping RSO in the refrigerator is ideal, as it prevents it from losing its effectiveness. Always keep RSO out of reach of children and pets.
What are the potential side effects of RSO?
While RSO is generally safe, it can produce potential side effects, particularly if the dose is too high. Potential side effects may include dizziness, dry mouth, euphoria, anxiety, and fatigue. Overdosing on RSO may result in hallucinations, paranoia, nausea, and vomiting.
In conclusion, RSO is a popular cannabis oil that has proved effective for treating various ailments. Individuals’ individual metabolism rates and body types can affect how long it takes for the oil to take effect. The onset may last anything from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the method of consumption. Also, the onset duration and potency depend on the dosage level, tolerance level, and concentration of the oil. It is always wise to start with small dosages, slowly work your way up, and seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
The most common questions and their answers related to my topic ‘How long does RSO take to kick in’
- Does RSO work differently in different individuals?
- Yes, factors such as metabolism rate, body type, and concentration levels may affect the onset and duration of RSO.
- Can you mix RSO with food?
- Yes, you can mix RSO with food, and this may reduce the onset time. It is best to mix it in food or drink that is high in fat.
- Can RSO harm your lungs?
- Inhaling RSO oil is not recommended as it may irritate the lungs and cause inflammation.
- How long does RSO take to come out of your system?
- The liver breaks down RSO, and the THC is released, primarily through urine within 30 days or more.
- Can RSO treat all diseases?
- No, while RSO has wide-ranging potential health benefits, it cannot cure all diseases. Specific ailments, such as cancer and chronic pain, have proven effective.
- What factors can affect the potency of RSO?
- The storage method and environmental conditions can affect the potency of RSO. Keeping it cool and dry is ideal, and avoid exposing it to direct sunlight or heat.
- Can pets consume RSO?
- Pet’s digestion is different from humans, and RSO may harm pets. Always seek professional veterinary assistance, and never give pets RSO without medical consultation.
” Cannabis Oil for Cancer: Will it Work?” Cancer Research UK. Accessed 20 Oct. 2021. www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/complementary-alternative-therapies/individual-therapies/cannabis-and-cancer#has-cannabis-oil-been-proven-to-cure-cancer.
“Pharmacology of Medical Cannabis.” US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health. Accessed 20 Oct. 2021. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5877694/
“Rick Simpson Oil: RSO Facts and Benefits.” Dope Magazine. Accessed 20 Oct. 2021. https://dopemagazine.com/rick-simpson-oil-rso-facts-benefits/.