Get Lifted: The Best Tool for Textured Hair Separation
Hair care is an essential part of looking your best. A perfect hairstyle can make or break your entire look, and that’s why it is essential to have the right hair styling tools. For people with textured hair, it can be challenging to style hair that has a unique texture. One of the primary challenges faced by people with textured hair is to lift and separate hair. In this article, we’ll discuss the best tool for lifting and separating textured hair.
The Importance of Separating Textured Hair
Textured hair is full of volume, and it can be challenging to manage. To obtain a perfect hairstyle, it is essential to separate each strand of hair to create a neat and smooth look. Lifting and separating each strand of hair not only enhances the volume of your hair, but it also adds a natural bounce and movement that looks more appealing.
What Tool is Best for Separating Textured Hair?
The best tool for separating textured hair is a pick or a comb. Combing or picking your hair helps in achieving the desired volume and texture. It separates each strand of hair, allowing you to create a consistent and uniform look. Picking or combing can be done when the hair is damp or dry, depending on what works for you.
Picking Tools for Textured Hair
There are multiple types of picking tools available in the market for people with textured hair. Some of them are:
- The Afro Pick – This pick comes with long teeth designed to pick the hair close to the scalp. It is suitable for those with ’fro style hair and tight curl patterns.
- The Hair Pick Comb – This pick comes with a smooth and gentle tip suitable for anyone with delicate hair. It double functions as a comb and pick, which is excellent for both hairstyling and detangling.
- The Wide-toothed Pick – This pick is perfect for people with wavy and curly hair. It detangles without breaking the hair by picking through small tangles.
- The Lifting Comb –This comb has wide teeth on one end and finer teeth on the other end. It can be used as a regular comb or as a detangling tool.
How to Pick Hair with a Picking Tool
Picking or combing hair is an easy process. All that is required is to follow these simple steps:
- Detangle the hair gently with a wide-tooth comb
- Pick along the hair to separate the strands.
- Start at the end of the hair and work towards the scalp.
- Rotate your wrist in the process, lifting hair from the root upwards.
How Often Should You Pick or Comb Textured Hair?
It is essential to pick or comb textured hair to keep them tangle-free and to maintain the desired volume. The frequency of picking or combing your hair depends on the texture of the hair. If you have tight curls or Afro hair, it is recommended to pick the hair once in a while. For wavy curly hair or any other type of textured hair, picking can be done daily as it helps to maintain the volume and prevent tangles.
If you have textured hair, a pick or comb is an essential tool to add to your hair care tool kit. It helps to separate the strands of hair, creating a beautiful appearance that looks neat and natural. Picking can be done regardless of the texture of your hair, and with the right tool, you will achieve amazing results.
What is the importance of lifting and separating textured hair?
Lifting and separating textured hair not only enhances the volume of your hair, but it also adds a natural bounce and movement that looks more appealing.
What type of picking tool is best for people with Afro-textured hair?
The Afro Pick comes with long teeth designed to pick the hair close to the scalp. It is suitable for those with ’fro style hair and tight curl patterns.
How often should you pick or comb textured hair?
The frequency of picking or combing your hair depends on the texture of the hair. If you have tight curls or Afro hair, it is recommended to pick the hair once in a while. For wavy curly hair or any other type of textured hair, picking can be done daily as it helps to maintain the volume and prevent tangles.