If you’re a fan of Michelob beer, you may be wondering if the brand is still in production. The answer is yes! Michelob beer is still being brewed and distributed across the United States, and there are plenty of ways to find it.
The History of Michelob
Michelob beer has been around since 1896 when it was first brewed by the Anheuser-Busch brewery in St. Louis, Missouri. The beer was marketed as a “draught beer for connoisseurs” and was popular among those who wanted a high-quality beer with a smooth taste. Over the years, Michelob has undergone several changes in branding and flavor, but it remains a staple in the beer industry.
The Different Types of Michelob Beer
Today, Michelob produces several different types of beer, including:
- Michelob Original Lager
- Michelob Light
- Michelob Ultra
- Michelob AmberBock
- Michelob Golden Draft
Each of these beers has its own unique flavor and is brewed using different ingredients and techniques. Michelob Original Lager is the closest to the original Michelob recipe, while Michelob Ultra is a low-carb, low-calorie option designed for those who want a healthier beer.
Where to Find Michelob Beer
You can find Michelob beer at most grocery stores, liquor stores, and bars across the United States. If you’re not sure where to find it, you can use the Michelob beer finder on the company’s website to locate a store near you.
Michelob Beer on Tap
If you’re a fan of Michelob beer on tap, you can usually find it at most bars and restaurants that serve beer. It’s common to see Michelob Original Lager and Michelob Ultra on tap, but you may be able to find other varieties depending on where you live.
Michelob Beer in Bottles and Cans
You can also find Michelob beer in bottles and cans at most grocery and liquor stores. Look for the classic Michelob label or any of the newer labels for Michelob Light, Michelob Ultra, and other varieties.
Michelob Beer Prices
The price of Michelob beer varies depending on where you buy it and what type of beer you’re getting. Here’s a breakdown of some common prices for Michelob beer:
|Type of Michelob Beer||Price for 6-Pack of Bottles or Cans|
|Michelob Original Lager||$7.99 – $9.99|
|Michelob Light||$6.99 – $8.99|
|Michelob Ultra||$8.99 – $10.99|
|Michelob AmberBock||$7.99 – $9.99|
|Michelob Golden Draft||$6.99 – $8.99|
How Michelob Beer is Made
Michelob beer is brewed using a combination of malted barley, hops, yeast, and water. The exact recipe varies depending on the type of beer that’s being brewed, but the process generally involves the following steps:
- Malt the barley by soaking it in water to help it sprout and then drying it to stop the growth.
- Crush the malted barley to form a course powder called grist.
- Heat the grist in water to convert the starch in the barley to sugar.
- Add hops to the mixture to add flavor and bitterness.
- Add yeast to ferment the sugar in the mixture into alcohol.
- Age the beer in cold storage to allow the flavors to mature.
Depending on the type of beer being brewed, additional steps may be added to the process to tweak the flavor and characteristics of the beer.
Michelob Beer FAQs
Here are some of the most common questions people ask about Michelob beer:
- Is Michelob beer still in production? Yes, Michelob beer is still being brewed and distributed across the United States.
- What are the different types of Michelob beer? Michelob produces several different types of beer, including Michelob Original Lager, Michelob Light, Michelob Ultra, Michelob AmberBock, and Michelob Golden Draft.
- Where can I find Michelob beer? You can find Michelob beer at most grocery stores, liquor stores, and bars across the United States.
- How is Michelob beer made? Michelob beer is made using a combination of malted barley, hops, yeast, and water. The exact recipe varies depending on the type of beer being brewed.
- What is the price of Michelob beer? The price of Michelob beer varies depending on where you buy it and what type of beer you’re getting. Generally, Michelob beer costs around $7.99 – $10.99 for a 6-pack of bottles or cans.
As you can see, Michelob beer is still going strong and remains a favorite among beer drinkers. Whether you prefer the original Michelob Lager or one of the newer varieties like Michelob Ultra, you can easily find Michelob beer at most stores and bars. So, next time you’re in the mood for a smooth, high-quality beer, be sure to give Michelob a try!