Looking for an easy way to get the look of lash extensions without the hassle? Magnetic lashes might be just what you need. These innovative lashes use tiny magnets to stay in place along your lash line, eliminating the need for messy glue or tricky application techniques.
But are magnetic lashes really worth the hype? In this article we’ll take a closer look, exploring what these lashes are, how they work, and whether or not they’re right for you.
What Are Magnetic Lashes?
In a nutshell, magnetic lashes are false lashes that use magnets to adhere to your natural lashes. Unlike traditional falsies, which require glue for application, magnetic lashes come in two pieces that sandwich your lashes together. The top piece features a row of tiny magnets that attach to a corresponding row of magnets on the bottom piece, sandwiching your lashes in between.
Magnetic lashes have become increasingly popular in recent years, thanks in part to their ease of use and the fact that they can be reused multiple times. Some people also prefer magnetic lashes over traditional falsies because they may be easier to remove, and they don’t require any special solvents or removers that can sometimes irritate the delicate skin around your eyes.
How Do Magnetic Lashes Work?
As we mentioned earlier, magnetic lashes are designed to be sandwiched together along your natural lash line. To apply them, you simply need to line up the top and bottom pieces so that the magnets attach to each other. The lashes should sit snugly along your lash line, with no gaps or overly visible magnet pieces.
One thing to keep in mind is that magnetic lashes can take a bit of practice to master. Unlike traditional falsies, you don’t apply glue and then hold them in place until they dry. Instead, you need to line up the magnets in just the right way to get them to stick. For some people, this can take a bit of trial and error.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Magnetic Lashes?
Pros of Magnetic Lashes
- Easy to apply: Unlike traditional falsies, magnetic lashes don’t require any messy glue or tricky application techniques.
- Reusable: With proper care, magnetic lashes can be used multiple times, making them a more economical option than traditional falsies.
- Gentler on the eyes: Some people find that magnetic lashes are gentler on the delicate skin around the eyes, since they don’t require any special removers or solvents to remove.
Cons of Magnetic Lashes
- Can be tricky to master: Lining up the magnets on magnetic lashes can take some practice, and some people may find it more difficult than applying traditional falsies.
- May not be as secure: Some people report that magnetic lashes don’t stay in place as well as traditional falsies, particularly if you’re very active or have oily skin.
- Limited variety: While magnetic lashes are becoming more popular, there are still fewer options available than with traditional falsies. You may not be able to find the exact style or shape you’re looking for in a magnetic version.
Are Magnetic Lashes Worth It?
So, are magnetic lashes worth the hype? Ultimately, it depends on your personal preferences and how much time and effort you’re willing to put into your lash routine.
If you’re looking for a low-maintenance, more affordable alternative to lash extensions, magnetic lashes may be worth giving a try. They’re easy to apply, reusable, and gentler on the eyes than other lash extension options.
However, if you’re someone who struggles with applying regular falsies, or if you’re very active and need your lashes to stay secure all day long, magnetic lashes may not be the best option for you. And if you have very specific preferences when it comes to lash style and shape, you may find that there simply aren’t enough magnetic options available.
The Bottom Line
At the end of the day, whether or not magnetic lashes are worth it is a personal decision. If you’re interested in trying them out, it’s worth doing your research and experimenting with different styles and brands to find the ones that work best for you.
Just remember to be patient and give yourself time to get the hang of applying magnetic lashes. With a bit of practice, you might just find that they become your new go-to lash option.
Common Questions and Answers
- Q: How long do magnetic lashes last?
- A: Magnetic lashes can last for multiple wears if you take care of them properly. Just be sure to remove them gently, and avoid bending or creasing them.
- Q: Are magnetic lashes safe for sensitive eyes?
- A: Magnetic lashes can be a good option for people with sensitive eyes, since they don’t require any special removers or solvents. However, as with any makeup or beauty product, it’s always a good idea to test a small area to make sure you don’t have a negative reaction.
- Q: Can you wear magnetic lashes with glasses?
- A: Yes, magnetic lashes can be worn with glasses. However, some people find that the glasses can cause the lashes to shift or move around throughout the day.
- Q: How do you remove magnetic lashes?
- A: To remove magnetic lashes, simply gently pull the top and bottom pieces apart. Avoid pulling or tugging on your natural lashes, and be sure to store the lashes in their original packaging to keep them clean and undamaged.
- Q: Can magnetic lashes be trimmed?
- A: Yes, magnetic lashes can be trimmed to fit your natural lash line. Just be careful to only trim from the outer edge, and to trim both pieces evenly so that the magnets still line up properly.
“Magnetic Lashes: What They Are, How to Use Them, and Everything Else to Know.” Healthline, September 2020, https://www.healthline.com/health/magnetic-lashes.
“Are Magnetic Lashes Worth It? Experts Weigh in on Benefits and Risks.” TODAY, February 2019, https://www.today.com/style/are-magnetic-lashes-worth-it-experts-weigh-benefits-risks-t149106.
“Magnetic Lashes: Are They Safe?” Health, October 2019, https://www.health.com/beauty/magnetic-lashes-safety.